The Surrey Theatre at 142 Union Road became the third and final local film venue in Surrey Hills, after the Surrey Gardens, and the Rex Theatre (established in the Surrey Hall). The owners of the theatre were Dimmick, Long, L. Rossiter and R Mitchell, from its opening in 1939 to 1950. (Caarp)
The Surrey Theatre and surrounding shops.
Photos source: State Library of Victoria Picture Collection